Antiparasitos collar for dogs of all sizes Preventef
Effective parasite necklace especially designed for use in dogs. It is effective for the prevention and treatment of the external parásitosis produced dogs for fleas and ticks. This necklace features fatty acids also provided hair brighter and force. It is effective for 4 months. Manufactured by Virbac laboratory.
The Preventef Â® line is composed of anti-parasitic collars for dogs that incorporate in their matrix an organophosphate insecticide called Diazinon, whose mechanism of action is to inhibit acetylcholinesterase. The insecticide can join the parasite by suction or through the cuticle due to its high solubility.
In the nerve Synapse a nerve impulse is transmitted by acetylcholine (Ach), once transmitted the message, Ach is destroyed by the action of an enzyme called acetylcholinesterase, so that the momentum is annulled for another transmission.
To cancel the action of Ach, the transmission of nerve impulses can not be interrupted and the muscle contraction leads to paralysis and death of the parasite.
Only insects possess cholinergic synapses in the central nervous system, so the signs in the insects are hiperexcitabilidad, convulsions, paralysis and eventually death.
Preventef Â® added with essential fatty acids enhances the absorption and diffusion of the drug by the lipid layer of the skin, helps the skin and hair conditioning; and to regenerate the skin in areas of lesions caused by allergy to flea saliva.
Only contain the active ingredient in the matrix of the necklace with the liposoluble vehicle, so the release becomes slow and controlled (maximum security) and not inactive with water (maximum effectiveness).
It is recommended to use cats and dogs older than 8 weeks for the control and treatment of fleas, for a period of four to 4 months.
Composition per gram: 150 Mg Diazinon; Vehicle with polyunsaturated fatty acids (50 mg), c.s. Total grams of the collar for dogs small and medium-sized 19.2 g, Total grams for big dogs collar 38.2 gr.
Route of Administration:
Instructions for use: placed the collar around the neck of his dog, leaving two fingers of separation between this and the skin. Cut the excess of the collar part to make it tight. If the animal is growing do not forget to adjust it every week.
- Only external use, avoid contact with mucous membranes, not recommended for use in animals under the age of 3 months and pregnant females.
- Its application in less than 4 weeks old puppies is left to the discretion of the veterinarian.
- If signs of intolerance by the animal, such as irritation of the skin, remove the collar. Consult the veterinarian.
- If the animal shows signs of intolerance bathing him with plenty of water to remove the product.
- The necklace has bitter taste so it is generally rejected by the mascot, but in case of ingestion induce vomit and supportive therapy is not recommended.
- Do not use other insecticides, in conjunction with the necklace, do not use in animals which are sick or convalescent, remove the collar with any sign of irritation.
- The pet must be put the necklace all the time.
- The necklace is not affected by water or moisture, however, is recommended to withdraw prior to the bathroom.
Available in 2 sizes (Peventef for small and medium-sized dogs and Preventef for large dogs).
|Size ||Length |
|Small and medium-sized dogs ||60 cm |
|Big Dogs ||65 cm |
Check our full range of productos for Virbac
EAN: 8436018111315, 8436018111308